Sunday, June 29, 2008



I've been quiet on the blog lately, but have been busy sewing. Just no photos of anything, so I thought I'd share a photo of the two cutest grandkids around.
I've been completing some quilt tops and spent yesterday pin basting 3 quilts. I really dislike the basting process and have been putting it off as long as possible. All 3 quilts I basted will be donation quilts and I'm going to work on my free motion skills while quilting them. I have a really hard time with the quilting step. I never seem to like the design or the technique I've used. The only way to get better is to practice, practice, practice!

I'll be sure to take photos before turning the quilts in to our community service coordinator.

2 comments:

KK said...

Definitely very cute! But I want to see the quilts!

Judy Heyward said...

I don't think anyone likes the basting process, Corky--but it's just one step closer to the finish line. As far as the "perfect" quilting pattern goes: remember--we're our own worst critic.