Friday, February 27, 2009

Back from retreat

I've been offline for a number of days for two reasons. One - my laptop died a week or so ago and I just replaced it today. Two - the TTT (Tuesday Thimbles and Threads)gang just spent several days at Camp St. Christopher having a mini quilt retreat. The 12 of us started laughing on Sunday when we arrived at the camp and we didn't stop until we left for home on Thursday morning. What a wonderful group of friends I have!

St. Christopher is located on the barrier island of Seabrook Island and we were able to enjoy our ocean views from our sewing room. Several nights we had beautiful sunsets. (click photos for larger view)





I brought a couple of projects with me.
These colorful stars were a kit I purchased at a shop in Tenn. I don't usually buy kits but this was on sale really cheap, so I went for it. Karen suggested that I alter the kit plan by adding wonky black borders around the stars. I think it's a good idea, so I plan to do that.




I purchased this next kit several years ago at 50% off from an on-line source. It calls for much more complex piecing than I usually do. I spent the last day of the retreat tearing apart 20 blocks because I'd put them together wrong. Very frustrating, but I think the end result makes a very sweet quilt.



It was a great week!

No comments: