Monday, October 04, 2010

Random thoughts on a fall day

I spent the weekend at the state quilters guild annual retreat. Participants can either take a class from one of our state's talented teachers or set up in a bring your own project room. I went the BYOP route but didn't really get much accomplished. I took my camera and it never left my suitcase. I promise you that a lot of great work was done over the weekend (by others!)I just won't be able to prove it! The weather was great and I think everyone had a wonderful time.

I've been in a creative funk lately. Hopefully I'll get past that soon.

Also this past weekend was my 41st high school reunion which I was not able to attend.








I've seen photos from the reunion on several Facebook pages and it was fun to pick out old friends in the photos.

Redford High School in Detroit was a good place to go to school back in the '60's but the entire Detroit school system has been plagued by problems over the years. Redford was closed a couple of years ago and the last I heard there is a plan to develop the property into a shopping area. Redford's brush with greatness includes graduating George C. Scott and the actor Michael Dunn - google him for a photo - bet you recognize him (oh, and me too!)

It looks like summer has finally left South Carolina. We had such a hot humid summer and I think many of us had given up hope on cooler weather arriving.

No comments: