Thursday, August 11, 2011

Visiting Detroit

Jerry and I just returned from a trip to Detroit to visit family. My nephew, Chris, was having his graduation party so it made a good excuse to make the trip.

It had been about 2 years since we'd traveled up that way. Detroit isn't usually high on any one's list for a vacation!
Here's the graduate, Chris, with his family: my brother Ed, sister-in-law Terry, Chris, and his brother Eddie. (click photos for larger view)

I don't like to have my picture taken, but someone convinced my brothers and me to pose with our mother. The brother seated next to mom is Claude and Ed is standing in the back next to me.


My nephew, Claude, jr, has 3 kids. His twins are Ryan





and Cameron

and the twins' older sister Olivia. (seen here with her father)




The newest member of the family is Riggins, the 4 week old son of my nephew Kevin.



One thing I always try to do when I'm in Detroit is to have a Sanders Hot Fudge Creme Puff. I sure miss Sanders!




It's probably I good thing I don't still live in the area or I'd be eating one of these on a daily basis!

2 comments:

KK said...

Your mom looks really good, Corky! Of course the last time I saw her she was in the hospital and really not feeling very good at all. Another graduation party? Deja vu from the last one? Sure glad you didn't introduce me to those creme puff thingies!!

Del said...

I can't imagine you not wanting your picture taken - you are such a "dish".
And you make a very good looking couple. Blog more!