Sunday, July 02, 2006

Actually sewing


I spent a good part of Saturday working on my Grab Bag quilt. The GrabBag quilts are another QuiltArt challenge. Every participant filled a one gallon ziplock bag with assorted fabrics and embellishments and sent it on to the coordinator. In return we all got someone else's bag and are to make a 20 x 20 wallhanging out of the contents. We won't know who has our bag or whose bag we have until the end, so no photos until then.

I took part in this swap last year too. I got the fantastic quilt pictured above made by Sue Reno. The quilt I sent wasn't nearly as nice as the one I received.

I just got back from a class with Vikki Pignatelli and I'm using some of the techniques I learned there for my grab bag quilt. I sure hope the recipient will like it. This time a select group of the finished quilts will be in a traveling show. It would be great if it could travel somewhere nearby so I can see the quilts live and in person.

No comments: