Thursday, October 26, 2006

Newest Project

Last summer at Quilt Surface Design Symposium I took a class with Vikki Pignatelli. One evening while in the classroom working on my class project, I came up with a design I wanted to make using Vikki's techniques. I finally got started on it. It's probably hard to figure out by this photo (which is clickable to enlarge) that this is the sun. The white circle on the right will morph into yellow/orange/red flames.


Here are some of the fabrics I've pulled together thus far for the piecing.

I'll try to keep you posted on my progress (or lack thereof).

The Quilt Studio webring, of which I am a new member, is going to establish a Work in Progress Wednesday where the bloggers in the ring post photos of their Works in progress. Since I leave for Houston on Monday and won't be back for 10 days, this will have to be my WIP photo for a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume you are coming to the Quilt Show? Email me and maybe we can meet each other. I will be down there a bunch!