Monday, July 23, 2007

Yard Art

Several years ago the QuiltArt list had a discussion about tacky yard art. As often happens on that list, soon a challenge was issued to make a yard art quilt. While deciding what my yard art quilt should look like, I remembered Carhenge which is one man's tribute to Stonehenge. I knew that would be the subject of my quilt. This photo (clickable for larger view) was actually taken before I added birds in the sky and additional "bushes" by the cars on the ground, extending the bushes over the binding.


A conversation on QuiltArt yesterday prompted one list member to ask about the challenge, so I decided to post of photo of my quilt.

This quilt was in a special exhibit at Houston in 2005 called QuiltArt at 10. Representative quilts from various QuiltArt challenges were displayed in the exhibit. In addition to Houston, the exhibit hung in Chicago and France. My silly quilt has traveled more than I have!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

What a fun quilt, and a fun challenge!

Granny Fran said...

Fun, fun, fun! Couldn't you convince them that you had to accompany Quilt Carhenge?