Monday, September 17, 2007

Back to the real world

I got back from my weekend retreat yesterday afternoon and had to hit the studio to start packing it up. My studio is the finished room over our garage (called a FROG in these parts). Right now the room has one window which is up so high I can't even see out of it. The walls are sloped on each side so there is limited head room in those areas. We've decided to bump out a dormer on one side which will raise the wall in that area and give me needed light with the addition of 2 windows.

In order to accomplish this, of course I've had to clear out the entire room. I can't believe how much crap I have.

Jerry has found someone to do the actual framing of the dormer and he will do all the finish work. We've gotten all the permits and had the lumber delivered and now await the framers - who should arrive either tomorrow and Wednesday. I have no idea how long this entire project will take - since Jerry is doing the finish work himself it could take a while!

The retreat was wonderful. I got most of a quilt top pieced and enjoyed spending time with my quilting buddies. I even got a wonderful massage! As soon as I find the camera, I'll try to post a photo or two.

No comments: