Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dyeing again



I've been doing some more dyeing. I'm going to be taking a class that calls for a six to eight step color gradation and tried it out in fuchsia. I think a couple of the colors are too close to see any difference. The blue in the photo is an over-dye of something I did in lesson one of my dye class.









These are also over-dyes. The one on the left started out orange and I dyed it in a combination of blue and hot pink. It's interesting how the color came out. The pink was a one color attempt at tie dye. I think I did it wrong. The blue was from lesson one and I over-dyed it with a purple. The last one was a yellow that I over-dyed with green.

I'm still trying to find an easier rinsing method!

2 comments:

Judy Whitehead said...

Corky, I seriously doubt there is an "easy" rinse method! LOL I did about 10 yards this morning and I've been at it off and on (two different batches) for about 2-1/2 hours now. If you find one, let me know!

Samantha said...

Your hand dyes are lovely!