Tuesday, November 06, 2007

How to ruin a good day

Our mini quilt group (the Ducks) met this morning and we had a good day making cute purses out of Santa hats. After leaving Ducks I stopped at a store for some shopping. I purchased a couple of things and while at the register I noticed that the cashier automatically gave me the senior citizen discount. (they give a 10% discount on Tuesdays.) I noticed the sign above the registers said that the senior discount is for those 60 and over. At that point I mentioned to the cashier that I didn't actually qualify for the discount and she just let it go. I think I'm offended that she thought I was 60. sigh-- guess I'm looking worse than I thought!

4 comments:

Judy Heyward said...

NO way, Corky! Some people--especially younger ones-- just have no concept of age. I myself find it more difficult to decide the age of a person as time goes on. But really, it's more important that you FEEL young and ACT young. I know for sure that there are a lot of 40 year olds out there who aren't as young as you are.

Jen said...

Nope, I wouldn't be offended. You DID get a discount! She probably figured she would offend you if she asked you your age so she just threw the discount on there to be on the safe side. Maybe she has an Aunt who is 60 who looks as young as you do so she figured it could be possible.

Take that discount and run!!

KK said...

Good grief - she would have sent me off to the undertaker! You look years and years younger than me and we know you are really 9 months older. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh Corky, I am not sure how I would have reacted, but I think I would have been offended. I guess look on the bright side and enjoy the unearned discount. By the way, where was this so I can stay away from there on Tuesdays!!!! Sheila