Monday, October 13, 2008

25th Anniversary challenge

My guild, Cobblestone Quilters Guild, celebrated its 25th anniversary last week. I was in charge of the challenge. The theme for the challenge was the basket that the guild uses as its logo.



We had about 20 entries - including an actual basket! My intent was to photograph each quilt individually; however, I didn't get around to doing that until after they had been pinned to the drapes and the ones up top were really too high to get a good photograph. (or maybe I'm just too short!)

We awarded first, second and third place ribbons all based on viewer vote. Two of the quilts were hanging for exhibition only as they exceeded the size requirements.

Here are the quilts hanging (click on photos for a larger view) My personal fav was Virginia's at the upper right of this photo. It has a dimensional basket and the background actually had a cobblestone road. It's unfortunate that the photo doesn't show it very well. My almost naked man is also in this photo.


My second entry was the basket on blue in the middle right (underneath the actual basket).


First place was Lynne Turner-Liro's whole cloth. It's kind of hard to tell that this is a light pink color.



Karen Kendo took second with her whole cloth. Both Lynne and Karen quilt professionally and have lots of ribbons attesting to their beautiful work.



Third was Donna Walters' original design. She used a combination of paper piecing and traditional piecing.



It was fun to see how each participant translated the theme.

No comments: