Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monochromatic challenge

The art group I recently joined just had a monochromatic challenge. I came late to the group and didn't have much time to complete my piece. I had an idea but it didn't quite come out like I'd envisioned.




I used a quilt fuse type product to sew the 2" squares together as I couldn't see myself sewing all those squares in the traditional manner. I stitched the tree with a gray variegated thread and then used paint and inks to do the leaves etc.

All of the quilts were really cool. I neglected to ask permission to post photos of everyone else's quilts and deleted my earlier post that included those photos.

1 comment:

Judy Heyward said...

I think that your added elements really show up in this photo, Corky. Good work. I think you did great for such a short time. I think you did great for even a long time!