Sunday, April 22, 2012

I've been away a long time

I've been away so long that they went and changed Blogger on me.  Hope I can figure it all out!

Here's what's been going on in my absence.  The kids came over for Easter.  They hadn't colored eggs so that was the project before dinner.   Luckily Hayden didn't get dye on her darling dress.




Noah got a Lego project in his Easter Basket.  It was a replica of the White House.  He and Craig worked together to assemble it.   I noticed that it required beer to complete!


I got up Easter morning with the intention of baking a Rhubarb-Strawberry pie.  I started preheating the oven while I prepared the pie and noticed a very very bright light on the heating element.  We initially thought it was the burning off of something that had spilled on the element, but it just got brighter.   We discovered that the element was burned completely through. 


A close up of the burned element


I ended up baking the pie in the toaster oven.  We discovered that our microwave is also a convection oven and cooked the ham in that.  It all worked out in the end.

Jerry went on-line and ordered a new element which arrived a couple of days later while the kids were here.  It apparently takes 3 people to reinstall an element!


No comments: