Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fans

It's been a long time since I posted here. I've been more active over on Facebook and have been neglecting my poor blog.

I got back yesterday from a week long class in Tryon, NC at Marilyn's Melrose Inn. It's a B&B/retreat center being run by Marilyn Doheny.  melrose-inn.com.

Our class was on using Marilyn's 9 degree wedge ruler to make interesting fan designs. We start by sewing strips of fabric together into strata sets and then cutting them up in various ways with the rulers.














Some of the designs were more popular than others. We all enjoyed making this spiral fan.







Here are some other designs











We even made some bugs (which we all decided we didn't care for)



Marilyn's Inn is quite eccentric. She has funky decorations everywhere. After a while the sheer volume of stuff began to wear on me. Every surface was jam packed with stuff.




The food was excellent and I came home several pounds heavier than I left!

1 comment:

Judy Heyward said...

I enjoyed seeing you, Corky. I really liked your color combinations and look forward the seeing the quilt you might make from some of them.