Monday, May 21, 2007

Another passing

Viriginia, one of my quilting friends, lost her husband last week and this morning was the funeral. She and Jim moved to South Carolina from Florida and didn't know anybody when they arrived. It's obvious that they made themselves members of the community quickly and there were many friends at the service. We almost could have held a quilt guild meeting there were so many guild members there. I enjoyed watching the Knights of Columbus honor guard and admiring their robes and hats.

The mass included the use of incense and with my huge sensitivity to fragrances, I was queasy by the end of the service and had to skip going to Virginia's house for the post funeral get together.

Virginia has been so strong this week and I hope her strength will get her through this difficult time.

No comments: