Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July

Happy 4th of July! Yesterday was my sister-in-law Janice's birthday and today is my grand-nephew Brandon's birthday. Happy Birthday to both of you!

I spent a couple of hours today making a quilt block for my local quilt shop's block of the month. The quilt we're making is called Hot Flashes. Here's a photo of it, but we're using slightly different fabrics.



I have to provide the background fabric, but for an investment of $21 the shop will provide us with the main fabric and instructions for a block each month. As long as each month's block is completed on time (and we have to actually take it to the shop and show them it's done) we will be provided the materials for the next block without any further charge. I'm not sure why is signed up to do this because I typically don't do this type of thing, but I guess I just wanted to be part of the group! Several members of my mini quilt group are taking part as well.

We'd talked about going over to see the kids today, but when I called they weren't home. Probably went to Chrystal's mom's house for the holiday. I haven't seen my grandbabies for a couple of days and I'm in Noah & Hayden withdrawal.

Instead I'll just post of photo of Hayden.



Isn't she a cutie?

1 comment:

Jo Raines said...

Oh, I miss the infant days sometimes! She's beautiful and I love the Hot Flashes quilt.