Sunday, February 24, 2008

Quilters of South Carolina

South Carolina has a great state guild. Our annual meetings are held in a different city every year. This year's meeting was in Rock Hill, which is just outside of Charlotte, NC. Our speaker was Janet Jones Worley author of Quilts for Chocolate Loves and Quilts for Ice Cream Lovers. You can visit her site here. What a delight her lecture was! She had us all in stitches talking about her experiences in the quilting world. I especially enjoyed how she talked about "BARBARA" which is the name she gives to every member of the quilt police. If you have a chance to hear her speak, jump at it. You won't regret it.

The state guild has announced an Art Bra Challenge which will be presented at our annual retreat in October. I think I have to come up with a title for my art bra before I actually design it. Jerry has given me one good possibility, but I'd sure welcome suggestions from you. I googled 'art bra' and came up with some great sites and ideas, but I don't want to duplicate what has already been done.

We're going into the home stretch for our quilt show. If you're planning to be in the Charleston, SC area next weekend (March 1 & 2) please check out our show at the Galliard Auditorium on Calhoun Street in Downtown Charleston.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corky, I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Art Bra challenge. I'm so traditional mine will probably have 9 patches on the cups!!!! Get rested up, it is going to be a busy week, Sheila